Wednesday, December 26, 2007

LUCKY SOUL - LIPS ARE UNHAPPY!



In an effort to bring do-it-yourself culture to the UK Charts this Christmas – Lucky Soul were in a bid to make it to number one for the Christmas Charts this year (never mind, there's always next year). Their single 'Lips Are Unhappy,' backed with their cover of festive favourite 'Lonely This Christmas,' just to keep it topical is being released as a bundle for 40p. Yes – a whole forty pence. That's hardly going to break the bank is it? And all proceeds go to War Child.

Lucky Soul are a Sixties-tinged six-piece from London fronted by the beautiful Ali Howard, whose voice, with its interplay of fragility and power, brings to mind Sandie Shaw.

Lucky Soul - Lips Are Unhappy


We're really liking that here at PP Towers!

Check it out, listen or buy it on 7 Digital . . .



Shake, shake, shimmy, shimmy . . .

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hey there! I know this is an old post, I just came across it searching for the artwork for this single. I just wanted to say you are so right about the Sandie Shaw comparison. I was saying to a friend the other day I don't get Ali's voice being compared to Dusty Springfield. I don't hear what they have in common at all, and I think people just get stuck on the 60s influence and the blondeness maybe? And I mentioned to my friend I thought her tone was closer to Sandie Shaw's. So I found it pretty cool to come across someone saying the same thing ;).